Company: Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Deadline Date: 10th May, 2023
Specialization: NGO / Community Services
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Location(s): Abuja, Enugu, Lagos, Rivers (PH)
About The Shell LiveWIRE Program
The program spurs youth action in skills and entrepreneurial innovation.
- Every year Shell LiveWIRE supports thousands of individuals to access the knowledge, skills, networks and resources to turn their business ideas into successful enterprises which provide a sustainable income, create jobs and drive innovation.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Applications are invited for:
Job Position: 2023 ASSA North LiveWIRE PLUS Programme
Job Location: Nigeria
LiveWIRE Nigeria is a youth enterprise development programme supported by SPDC JV.
The purpose of LiveWIRE is to improve opportunities for young people to realise their potential through the creation and development of their own businesses. Such businesses will contribute towards a more buoyant economy and communities with more fulfilled young people.
The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young people aged 18 – 35 to start their own businesses.
The LiveWIRE Programme Objectives Are To:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by exposing them, to business planning and management guidelines and skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
- Provide business start-up grant for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like financial institutions and non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Pre-start up: Value and Organize Yourself (VOY)
- Bright Ideas workshop
- Business Start-up (How to access to finance & technology)
- Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner
- Value Chain Workshop
- Post start Up (Mentoring and Market linkages).
Applications are invited from:
- Must possess a University Degree or HND in any discipline
- Must not have been in business for more than three (3) years
- Must have completed NYSC if within mandatory bracket
- Male and female applicants from Assa North PTF and Access Communities: Akabta, Egita, Ohiauga, Ikiri, Obite, Egbeda
- Must have an innovative business idea
- Must desire to own and manage a business
- Applicant must not have previously benefitted from any Shell Community Skills & Enterprise Development Social Investment programme such as LiveWIRE, Community Skills Training, Agricultural programme
- Must be a between 18 to 35 years
- Must be resident in their states of origin
- Must not be in paid employment
- Relevance of Business Plan to SPDC specified value chain sectors/areas, which include:
- Clean Energy Solutions /Oil and Gas
- Social Enterprise
- Retail and Wholesale
- ICT and Telecommunication.
- For young people there is access to attractive, targeted, high quality, relevant programmes and opportunities to meet other young people with similar ambitions and challenges.
- For the joint venture partners especially Shell, there are Public Relations, media and brand opportunities aimed at demonstrating commitment to local economic development. In addition because LiveWIRE works in the area of youth development and small business (which in nearly every country around the world are major political and social concerns), it can provide platforms to involve government to interact with youths/future leaders. LiveWIRE can also provide good opportunities for Shell Employee Volunteering programmes.
How To Apply for the Shell 2023 ASSA North LiveWIRE PLUS Programme
1. Click HERE to Visit the application portal and Click Signup to register with your email on the company portal
2. If you already have an account with the website just go ahead the click Sign-in to start the application process
3. Fill the form appropriately with the required information and submit
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.