Every year thousands of Nigerians travel to the United kingdom for various reasons, either for business, tourism, Conferences, education or work.
However, traveling to the UK or any part of the world outside Nigeria requires a visa approval from the country’s embassy. For the UK her visa procedure is quite strict, especially with the invasion of Ukraine by Russia there has been high influx of immigrants into the UK lately, this has further tightened visa approvals into the UK.
Naijatv.net Nigeria’s foremost online information platform in this article sheds light on mandatory documents that UK visa applicants must have and present during the visa application process.
DOCUMENTS FOR UK VISA APPLICATION
You should submit the following documents to apply for a UK visa:
- UK visa application form. According to the UK visa type you are applying for, you may have to complete the form online at the UK visa website or the manual application form. The UK visitor visa fee at this time is $127.
- Two photographs. These photos should be taken within the past six months and in color.
- Your Valid Int’l Passport. It must be valid for three more months beyond the date you plan to leave the UK after your trip. It must also have at least one blank page for the visa. Passport can be applied for at the immigration office of your state.
- Proof you have the financial means to cover the living costs while in the UK. This may be your bank statements for the last six months, or pay slips for the same period.
- Proof of accommodation. You will need to present a document that shows where you will be accommodated while in the UK. Note that you do not have to fully pay a hotel/hostel in UK before getting the visa, just to get such a document.
- Detailed travel itinerary. Submit a travel plan that gives all the information regarding how and what you are planning to do in the UK. Include the travel dates, places you will visit, meeting agenda, booked tour, festival agenda, etc.
- Tuberculosis Test Results. Nationals of several world countries will need to submit the requests of a Tuberculosis Test in order to be eligible for a UK Visa. Check here if you need to provide the TB test results.
- Biometric information. If you are applying for a visa that lets you stay in UK for more than 6 months, you will need to submit your biometric information. This includes giving your fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate application center.
- UK visa invitation letter. (If applicable). If you will be staying over at a friend or a family member, then you should submit a letter of invitation. Your host must be a UK national or a legal resident.
- Paid UK visa fees. You should submit the receipt that confirms you have paid the visa fee as required.
- Certified translations of any document that is not in either English or Welsh.
Additional Requirements According to Your Employment Status
You will need to submit extra documents according to your working status, as follows:
- If you are employed:
- Appointment or Employment letter from your employer. This letter should confirm your position at work, your salary and the length of employment.
- Leave letter: Being an employee travelling to the UK you need to show a leave letter from your company/employer
- Employers details: Your company address and contact details. Sometimes visa officials do verification of this information
- If you are self-employed:
- Business registration documents. They should confirm the business owner’s name and the date the business started trading.
- If you are a student:
- A letter from your education provider. The letter should be confirming your enrolment and leave of absence.
Additional Requirements for Applicants Under the age of 18
Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit some several additional documents. These documents are as following:
- Birth Certificate.
- Adoption papers (if applicable).
- If travelling unaccompanied or with someone other than a parent(s):
- A signed letter from the parent(s) confirming details of anyone accompanying the minor.
- A copy of the parent(s) or legal guardian’s biographical page of their passport.
Documents to Present at the UK Port of Entry
At the UK port of entry, you will need to show some documents to the border control police.
If you are an EU/EEA national, you can use the EU/EEA channel to get your documents checked. You only need your ID or passport. Adults must accompany children from the age of 17 and under.
Non- EU/EEA nationals need the following documents when they show at the UK port of entry:
- Valid Passport.
- Landing Card. You will get this from your carrier. You need to fill it in before your reach the border control.
- Visa (if applicable)
If you have other experience or contributions to this article drop them in the comments box below. Naijatvnet appreciates your contributions to articles on our platform.
🚩Also hit the share button below and above this information article to share to your groups and pages, you may be helping someone somewhere.