The MSc programme in Energy Access and Renewable Energy Technology is designed to equip intending students with the advanced knowledge and skills to develop a successful career in the rapidly growing energy access sector of Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa in general. The MSc programme includes enabling platforms that will make intending students acquire the state-of-the- art technical and soft skills and competencies required to design renewable energy systems, or to focus on financing and managing renewable engineering projects and systems.
Our vision is to be positioned as a world-class programme for producing the next generation of energy professionals with broader wisdom to navigate the complex technical, policy, management and financing challenges facing the off-grid and mini-grid energy access sector.
Graduate Programmes at the Institute
The environment in the Institute is conducive for learning; students have access to audio visual aids, e-learning and internet facilities. Students undergo 3-months internship in relevant companies and field trips. Students are encouraged to live and work together thereby enhancing the development of team spirit. The Teaching Faculty consists of Lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), other Universities within and outside Nigeria, Lecturers from Professional bodies abroad, as well as experts from the Industry.
At the end of this programme, the graduate will be able to deliver the capacity to enhance:
- The various renewable energy technologies aimed at energy access at household, public and productive uses.
- Appropriate delivery mechanisms, business models and innovative entrepreneurial responses to rural and economic development as well as marketing innovation.
- The social context and consumer environment including gender and energy, understanding consumer preferences and behavior, consumption and technology adoption patterns.
- Policy, planning, regulatory and legal considerations including energy systems modelling, policy mechanisms to stimulate innovation and energy access markets.
Duration: The Programme shall be 18 calendar months of intensive Full-Time study or 36 months of flexible Part-Time study.
Award of Degree: MSc Energy Access and Renewable Energy Technology awarded by the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Second Class Honors (minimum of 2.7/5:0 CGPA), in any branch of Engineering and Physical Sciences and should have completed their NYSC before September, 2023 (For Nigerians only). Consideration may be given to Sponsored Company Staff with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience and a minimum CGPA of 2.5 on a scale of 5.0.
How to Apply for Uniport Msc Energy Access & Renewable Energy Technology Admission For 2023/2024 Session
Application Processing Fee: A non – refundable Application Processing Fee of Twenty Thousand (
N20, 000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port- Harcourt. Application Form can be obtained on-line www.otiuniport.edu.ng. The Form should be completed and submitted online, with attached evidence of payment. Transcript should be addressed to the Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt.
Important dates to remember: (Any change will be displayed on our website)
- Online submission deadline Monday 31st July, 2023
- Oral Interview via zoom Friday 4th August, 2023
- Academic activities will commence in 2nd October, 2023
- For enquiries contact:email@example.com, +234 (0)803 454 5849, +234 (0)703 295 1006, +234 (0)805 632 0209, +234 (0) 703 442 2101.
Scholarship: Limited scholarship space available for qualified candidates. Candidates are also expected to seek sponsorship from corporate bodies, PTDF, State Government and other sponsoring agencies
Dr. Gloria Chinda