Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Recruitment for National Secretary 2023/2024 -Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) job is currently going on for a suitable candidate to fill the position of National Secretary. Interested candidates should kindly apply using the steps and job guideline provided in this articles below.
The Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Recruitment for National Secretary 2023/2024
The Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) is a network of media professionals founded on March 15, 1955 in Lagos. It was established among others, for the purpose of advancing the safety, protection and welfare of Nigerian journalists. The union is an independent professional and trade organization without political, tribal, religious, ethnic or ideological leaning. As a trade union cum professional body, the NUJ has the responsibility of pursing and pushing for the interests of its members especially in the areas of working conditions and the rights, freedom of expression, safety, job security, fair remuneration, gender equality, inclusiveness of those with disability and fight against all forms of discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Secretary
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- In line with the Constitution of the Union, the National Secretary shall be an appointee for a first term of five-years which is renewable for another term subject to good performance and conduct.
- He/she shall carry out responsibilities in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of the Union and other responsibilities as may be assigned by the National President, the Central Working Committee and the National Executive Council (NEC).
- HND / Bachelors Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or any other related field.
- He/She must be a journalist with cognate experience and must have worked in a reputable media organisation for not less than 15 years with vast knowledge of the profession and the Union.
- Candidates must be Computer literate and have ability to use all Microsoft office packages and do presentations.
- Age 50 – 55 years.
- He/She must have the ability to speak and write fluently in English. A post graduate qualification and knowledge of the French language will be added advantages.
Salary and Remuneration
Attractive and negotiable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters (must be in applicants’ own hand writing) and a typed Curriculum Vitae (CV) of NOT more than three (3) pages that should include the names and contacts of three (3) Referees electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies of Applications and CV can be sent to the following address:
Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ National Secretariat,
Plot 131, Cadastral Zone, Sector Center A,
Jahi District, Off Mabushi Ultra-Modern Market Road,
PO Box 4350, Abuja,
Note: All applications should carry the position being applied for as subject matter
18th July, 2023.